Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Update: Over 31,000 Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits On File in Federal Court
As of now, over 31,000 transvaginal mesh lawsuits are currently pending in federal courts – and the number of cases continues to grow. According to the most recent report released by the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML), there are six multidistrict litigations involving different transvaginal mesh device manufacturers where approximately 31,170 lawsuits are pending. Since August, at least 4,260 new cases have been added to the following Multidistrict Litigations:
- MDL 2187 - In re: C.R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation: 4568 pending cases (161 new cases added since August)
- MDL 2325 - In re: American Medical Systems, Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation: 9841 pending cases (874 new cases added since August)
- MDL 2326 - In re: Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation: 5998 pending cases (766 new cases added since August)
- MDL 2327 - In re: Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation: 9617 pending cases (1866 new cases added since August)
- MDL 2387 - In re: Coloplast Corp. Pelvic Support Systems Products Liability Litigation: 1022 pending cases (587 new cases added since August)
- MDL 2440 - In re: Cook Medical, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation: 124 pending cases (6 new cases added since August)
Thousands of women allege that they have experienced complications from these transvaginal mesh devices, including device erosion, organ perforation, intense pain, inability to have sexual intercourse, infection, and the need to undergo multiple revision surgeries.
If you or a loved one has experienced serious injuries as a result of a transvaginal mesh device, contact one of our experienced attorneys at Schlichter, Bogard & Denton, LLP toll-free at 1-800-873-5297. We will confidentially evaluate your case for free and without any obligation.
Legal Disclaimer: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements.